Formopack's Environmental Policy is the reference document that guides the Company in the medium and long term for the development of its strategy in this area. The international certification standards, and specifically ISO14001:2015, establish that companies must define, implement and maintain the "environmental policy of the organisation and ensure that, within the defined scope of its environmental management system, it:
- Is appropriate to the purpose and context of the organisation, including the nature, scale and environmental impacts of its activities, products and services.
- It provides a reference framework for setting environmental objectives.
- It contains a commitment to environmental protection, including pollution prevention and other commitments relevant to the context of the organisation (e.g. sustainable use of resources, climate change mitigation and adaptation, and protection of biodiversity and ecosystems).
- It contains a commitment to comply with applicable legal requirements and other requirements to which the organisation subscribes.
- It contains a commitment to continuous improvement of the environmental management system for the improvement of environmental performance.
- It is documented, implemented and maintained.
- It is notified to all persons working for or on behalf of the organisation.
- It is available to interested parties.
Formopack's "Responsible Business Principles" include a commitment to the environment, where we are committed to protecting the environment, minimising our negative impact on it and promoting digital services with a positive impact on the environment.
This Policy is based on three convergent objectives:
-Risk management and legal compliance in environmental matters.
-Improving internal eco-efficiency.
−Promoción de soluciones digitales para ayudar a nuestros clientes a hacer frente a los grandes retos ambientales que afectan al conjunto de la sociedad.
This Policy establishes the principles that guide the Company globally and locally to support and improve its environmental performance. It is therefore a benchmark for all its employees, while at the same time strengthening Formopack's public positioning in environmental matters, responding to the demands of its main stakeholders.
It also provides a common frame of reference for setting objectives and undertaking actions to achieve the expected results of the environmental management system at Formopack.
The Environmental Policy has been designed in accordance with the international standard ISO 14001:2015, and is applicable to all the areas that make up Formopack, regardless of their geographical location or activity.
Formopack believes in the power of digitalisation to provide new opportunities for people and transform society in a positive way. Therefore, its Environmental Policy has the triple purpose of supporting risk management and environmental compliance; minimising the impact of its activity on the environment; and finally, maximising the capacity of technology to meet the environmental challenges facing society. Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) allow society to be more efficient in the use of natural resources and play a relevant role in the solution of many of the current environmental problems such as climate change or the scarcity of resources. All areas of Formopack are committed to:
- Ensure compliance with legislation and other voluntary environmental requirements at global and local level. Adopt, in a complementary manner and in accordance with the precautionary principle, internal norms or international standards that are assumed to be mandatory.
- Implement and maintain environmental management systems that prevent and minimise the impact that activities and infrastructures may have on the environment, under models of eco-efficiency and effective management of environmental risks, included in the company's global risk process.
- To adopt principles of continuous environmental improvement in our activity, products and services, through the systematic evaluation of environmental performance in order to define and realise ambitious objectives at global and local level, which will follow the guidelines set out in this policy.
- To protect the environment and reduce our environmental footprint, assuming as fundamental principles the prevention of pollution, the efficient use of resources and the circular economy. This commitment includes:
- The protection of biodiversity and ecosystems.
- Efficiency in integrated water management and reduction of the water footprint of our operations.
- The correct management of all waste generated during the activity, with special emphasis on plastics, paper/cardboard and metal waste, and paying special attention and care to production waste.
- Maximising the opportunities offered by the circular economy, promoting the eco-design of our products and services, working with local suppliers and local raw materials, and minimising the impact of our waste, promoting reuse and recycling, and reducing the generation of hazardous waste.
5. Drive the transition towards a decarbonised company, decoupling the growth of our business from greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, and improve the company's adaptation to climate change, incorporating the transition and physical risks of climate change into the company's management. To this end, we will work on:
- Defining ambitious, science-based emission reduction targets.
- Transition to 100% renewable electricity consumption.
- Promote energy efficiency measures.
- Progressively incorporate innovative measures that lead the company towards a zero net emissions scenario.
6. Promote the innovation of digital services that contribute to solving global and local environmental challenges such as climate change, pollution, scarcity of resources such as water, circular economy or loss of biodiversity, while generating business for the Company.
7. Train and sensitise employees and customers on the importance of acting in an environmentally friendly way.
- Fomentar en nuestra cadena de suministro y socios las mejores prácticas de gestión y estándares ambientales de obligado cumplimiento. Asimismo, incorporar criterios ambientales en nuestras compras, como el consumo energético, las emisiones de carbono o el contenido de materiales peligrosos.
- Collaborate with other organisations in the promotion of a decarbonised and circular economy, promoting digitalisation as a means to address the major environmental challenges of our time.
- Regularly and transparently communicating our environmental performance to all stakeholders and discussing their concerns and worries in this area.
The Executive Management of Formopack SL is responsible for:
- Definir la estrategia y líneas de trabajo en materia de gestión ambiental a nivel global,
- Asesorar técnicamente a todas las operaciones y áreas de la empresa en esta materia,
- Informar a futuros inversores y otros grupos de interés globales sobre el trabajo ambiental de Formopack,
- Revisar anualmente la presente política en función de la evolución de la estrategia ambiental.
In any case, the cross-cutting nature of this matter affects the management of other areas of the company (risks, operations, marketing, purchasing, etc.) and each of them must assume the responsibilities defined in the company's Responsible Business Plan.